libgcrypt, libgpg-error shared/dynamic libs under MinGW

Jim Horvath jim.horvath at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 03:08:35 CEST 2005

Using MinGW and MSYS 1.0.10...

I'm trying to build libgpg-error, libgcrypt, and ultimately, libgnutls
as shared/dynamic libs under MinGW.  It seems that if you want to
build a shared lib under MinGW, then it cannot have any undefined
symbols.  So, I think if I could build libgpg-error as both static and
shared under MinGW, I'd be able to apply the solution to libgcrypt and
gnutls, too.

I've tried to compile libgpg-error-1.1 under MinGW and it says that it
can't create a shared lib  with undefined symbols, and looking closer
it seems that the undefined symbol in question is "DllMainCRTStartup".
 I've tried including various MinGW standard libs and none of them
seem to satisfy the linker.

Is there something I'm missing about building under MinGW?  Does
anyone have any advice on how to build a libgpg-error and libgcrypt
without missing symbols under MinGW?

Thanks for any info, you'll be my best friend and everything.

jh