file handle exhaustion with openvpn and pam_ldap

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Oct 26 19:58:06 CET 2009

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 13:17, ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org said:

> * This issue cannot be fixed in gcrypt itself (and therefore will not
>   be fixed).

Well, this is fix not that easy.  The open file descriptor is just one
sign thatthe process has not really be terminated.  Sure, it is possible
to do that but it is quite some work for a rare use case.

> * The way dlopen works on $OS would need to be changed (I guess on
>   Linux this would be glibc.)

Frankly, I doubt that this will be possible on Unix.  A process is a
fundamental resource and tweaking it to behave similar to an independant
process but not really is a bit weird.

Shalom-Salam,