network.so: undefined symbol: gcry_md_hash_buffer‏

honi@ honia2002 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 14 15:55:22 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am installing collectd-4.10.0 on a CentOS 5 machine:

1) Configured collectd: ./configure --with-librrd=/opt/rrdtool-1.4.3/
--with-liboping=/opt/oping
--with-libnetlink=/home/username/iproute2-2.6.29-1 --with-libgcrypt=/usr/lib

2) make followed by make install

3) Configured collectd.conf and this is the network plugin:

<Plugin network>
       <Server "[IP adress here]" "25826">
          SecurityLevel "Sign"
          Username "client2"
          Password "password2"
        </Server>
#       TimeToLive "128"
#       Forward false
#       CacheFlush 1800
#       ReportStats false
</Plugin>

4) Restarted collectd and got the following error:

Stopping collectd:                                         [FAILED]
Starting collectd: /opt/collectd/sbin/collectd: symbol lookup error:
/opt/collectd/lib/collectd/network.so: undefined symbol: gcry_md_hash_buffer

I looked everywhere to find the problem but had no luck. I installed the
same version of collectd on another machine exactly the steps above but it
went smoothly and had no problem.

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks in advace,
honi@