trailing comma compiler suuport

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Apr 20 14:15:18 CEST 2024

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 21:10, Jacob Bachmeyer said:

> Wait... I thought trailing commas in initializer lists had always been
> allowed, since the original K&R C, in order to facilitate tools that
> generate C code.  Is this incorrect or are those compilers outliers?

I always had this issue with HP compilers and some other compilers also
complain/warn about it.  IIRC, even the crippled K&R cc installed by
default on HPUX, which you need to bootstrap gcc, has this problem.  We
should find not too old reports in the bug tracker.

Shalom-Salam,

The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein