[Announce] Dirmngr 1.0.3 released

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Jun 17 15:49:43 CEST 2009

Hi!

We are pleased to announce the availability of Dirmngr version 1.0.3.

Dirmngr is a server for managing and downloading certificate
revocation lists (CRLs) for X.509 certificates and for downloading the
certificates themselves.  Dirmngr also handles OCSP requests as an
alternative to CRLs.  Although Dirmngr can be invoked on demand, it
should in general be installed as a system daemon.

Get it from:

 ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/dirmngr/dirmngr-1.0.3.tar.bz2 (542k)
 ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/dirmngr/dirmngr-1.0.3.tar.bz2.sig

or as a patch against the last version:

 ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/dirmngr/dirmngr-1.0.2-1.0.3.diff.bz2 (25k)

SHA-1 checksums are:

437d381c937b1f1d0699d1ed37cf50f14bfbcd32  dirmngr-1.0.3.tar.bz2
e139db6205145066b6bb13686121d07f241bacb4  dirmngr-1.0.2-1.0.3.diff.bz2

Whats new in this release
=========================

 * Client based trust anchors are now supported.

 * Configured certificates with the suffix ".der" are now also used.

 * Libgcrypt 1.4 is now required.

Documentation
=============

Dirmngr comes with man pages and as well as with a texinfo based
manual.  Run "info dirmngr" to read the manual or run

  make -C doc dirmngr.pdf

to build a printable version.  If you have questions on the use of
Dirmngr, feel free to ask at gnupg-users at gnupg.org.

Support
=======

Improving Dirmngr is costly, but you can help!  We are looking for
organizations that find Dirmngr useful and wish to contribute back.
You can contribute by reporting bugs, improve the software, or by
donating money.

Commercial support contracts for Dirmngr are available, and they help
finance continued maintenance.  g10 Code GmbH, a Duesseldorf based
company owned and headed by GnuPG's principal author, is currently
funding Dirmngr development.  We are always looking for interesting
development projects.

A service directory is available at:

  http://www.gnupg.org/service.html

Thanks
======

We have to thank all the people who helped with this release.  The
folks at Intevation helped a lot to track down bugs and to define new
features.  Marcus Brinkmann is mainly responsible for completing the
Windows port.

Happy Hacking,

  Werner