[Announce] GPA 0.9.5 released

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Sep 1 10:07:35 CEST 2014

Hello!

I am pleased to announce GPA version 0.9.5.

GPA is a graphical frontend for the GNU Privacy Guard (GnuPG).  GPA can
be used for most operations supported by GnuPG using either the OpenPGP
or the S/MIME protocols.  A smartcard manager and a generic user
interface server features are included as well.

You can find the release here:

  ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/gpa/gpa-0.9.5.tar.bz2     (716k)
  ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/gpa/gpa-0.9.5.tar.bz2.sig

and soon on all ftp.gnupg.org mirrors.  A binary version for Windows is
currently not planned.

The SHA1 checksum for this release is:

ea53b934a7f5dd4e2dfb35dac2b35cafc7b54c90  gpa-0.9.5.tar.bz2

Noteworthy changes in version 0.9.5
-----------------------------------

 * GPA now starts with the UI server enabled and tests on startup
   whether such a server is already running to open that one instead
   of launching a second instance.

 * GPA is now aware of ECC keys.

 * Improved detection of CMS objects (which are used by S/MIME) and
   detached OpenPGP signatures.

 * Allow import and export of X.509 certificates.  Allow backup of
   X.509 keys.

 * The key creation date is now displayed in the key listing.

 * Armored detached signature files are now created with an ".asc"
   suffix and not with ".sig".

 * The GnuPG home directory is now detected using the gpgconf tool.

 * Added launch-gpa wrapper for Windows.

 * Fixed several bugs leading to crashs.

If you want to contribute to the development of GPA, please subscribe
to the gnupg-devel mailing list [1] and read the file doc/HACKING.

The driving force behind the development of GPA is my company g10 Code.
Maintenance and improvement of GnuPG and related software, such as GPA,
takes up most of our resources.  To allow us to continue our work on
free software, we ask to either purchase a support contract, engage us
for custom enhancements, or to donate money:

  https://gnupg.org/donate/

Many thanks to all who contributed to GPA development, be it bug fixes,
code, documentation, testing, and helping users.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner