Java version

Steve Kennedy steve at gbnet.net
Tue Nov 3 21:45:17 CET 1998

On Tue, Nov 03, 1998 at 09:09:40PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:

> Ron Echeverri <rone at B1FF.nas.nasa.gov> writes:
> > Steve Kennedy writes:
> >   Just wondered, is anybody working on a Java version of GPG ?
> > Ew.  I hope not.
> If someone needs a Java Version he should use popen(3) or
> something similiar and create some classes to handle gpg.

Well this isn't quite feasible :(

I'm involved with developing an E-Commerce system, the back-end
runs on UNIX (though it could run on any platform) and we were
thinking of encrypting the merchant transactions using something
like GPG.

The client (which the merchant runs to design the catalogue,
upload catalogue data, download transaction logs etc) is written
in Java so it will be multiplatform. To download their transaction
logs it would be nice to have a GPG Java version.

Looks like we maay have to use PGP :(

Steve

--
NetTek Ltd    tel +44-171 483 1169 fax +44-181 444 6103
Flat 2,  43 Howitt Road,  Belsize Park,  London NW3 4LU