html formatted mail

Robin Lee Powell rlpowell at calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Feb 1 09:04:15 CET 1999

In message <199901291851.MAA23320 at tsedhcp-92.pulse.com>, "Lance Heller" writes:

>I request that the use of html formatted mail be discontinued except
>in those instances that html contributes something beyond merely
>carrying a plain text message.  It causes an annoying delay for those
>of us not using a browser for mail support to have to fire one up just
>to look at someone's plain text message.  This is particularily the
>case when having to sort through a hundred or so message a day.

I have mailcap and .mh_profile settings for having your mailer launch
lynx to read text/html stuff if you're on UNIX (or some UNIX-like CLI).
You want a copy?

-Robin

--
My Home Page (Too Much Information!):http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~rlpowell/
Spice is the variety of life.   --- Fremen Folk Saying