running gpg from another program

Matthias Urlichs smurf at noris.de
Fri Feb 5 16:44:34 CET 1999

Hi,

Thomas Roessler:

> Another possibility would be to use a simplistic protocol spoken
> between gpg and a pass phrase agent or a graphical pass phrase
> query program over Unix domain sockets.

Right, but since half the support for this (--status-fd X) is already there
and the GUI program which calls gpg is the one which also would query the
user for a passphrase, the piped way seems most sensible to me.

Anyway, I'll have something patchish by Monday or so.

NB, is there a CVS archive for GPG?

--
Matthias Urlichs  |  noris network GmbH   |   smurf at noris.de  |  ICQ: 20193661
The quote was selected randomly. Really.    |      http://www.noris.de/~smurf/