GnuPG and RSA/IDEA extensions

Werner Koch wk at isil.d.shuttle.de
Tue Feb 16 09:19:06 CET 1999

Rich Wales <richw at webcom.com> writes:

> PGP 5.x, or PGP 2.6.x) to use for a given message, or else (2) an RSA
> extension for GnuPG using RSAREF (I currently live in the US), so that

But have a look at the GPL and grep for "patent".

> 	gpg: NOTE: cipher algorithm 1 not found in preferences
>
> Is there anything I can do to get rid of this diagnostic?

OpenPGP requires such a warning.

> Second, when I do "gpg --edit-key" on one of my RSA keys, and then give
> the "pref" (list preferences) command, no preference info is shown.  Is
> there anything I can (or should bother to) do about this?

Currently there is no menu to edit the preferences and I'm not sure
whether such a menu makes sense at all (at least for the cryptographic
algorithms).

> Third, for what it may be worth, the list of "supported algorithms" I
> get with "gpg -h" does not include RSA or IDEA.  Is this simply normal,
> given that the RSA and IDEA code is being loaded from extensions rather
> than being built in?

Kind of bug in --help - try "gpg --version"

ceterum censeo RSA esse delendam