GnuPG and RSA/IDEA extensions

Matthias Urlichs smurf at noris.net
Wed Feb 17 02:47:57 CET 1999

Hi,

Dave Dykstra:
> The GPL prohibits distribution of non-free patented software, but not
> *hooks* to it.  U.S. people can obtain the patented RSAREF implementation
> themselves if GnuPG came with the hooks, like SSH does.

GnuPG comes with the hooks for a generic implementation.

Hacking the existing RSA code to call RSAREF instead of computing the stuff
for itself is left as an exercise to the reader -- since I'm outside the US
and couldn't care less anyway, _I_ am not going to do it.  ;-)

--
Matthias Urlichs  |  noris network GmbH   |   smurf at noris.de  |  ICQ: 20193661