something strange

Alexander Kotelnikov sacha at AK2614.spb.edu
Thu Feb 25 01:25:21 CET 1999

Hi,
I'm not new to PGP but I've just decide to switch to GnuPG and I've got
some problems. I decided to test gpg and I created a temporal user named
'd' on my Linux machine.
I've created PGP key for me and for 'd'
I've made export/import of mine and d's key
Now about troubles:
1. when I run
[sacha@ ~/trial/PGP]$ gpg -sa file
[sacha@ ~/trial/PGP]$ gpg --verify file.asc
<...skiped...>
gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
gpg: Signature made Wed 25 Feb  1999 01:15:13 MSK using DSA key ID
D43EE045
gpg: Good signature from "Alexander Kotelnikov
for now it's ok but:

[sacha@ ~/trial/PGP]$ su d -c 'gpg --verify file.asc'
<...skiped...>
gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
gpg: Signature made Wed 25 Feb  1999 01:15:13 MSK using DSA key ID
D43EE045
gpg: Good signature from "Alexander Kotelnikov (sacha)
<sacha at ak2614.spb.edu>"
gpg: WARNING: This key has been revoked by its owner!
gpg:          This could mean that the signature is forgery.
Could not find a valid trust path to the key.  Let's see whether we
can assign some missing owner trust values.

No path leading to one of our keys found.

gpg: WARNING: This key has been revoked by its owner!
gpg:          This could mean that the signature is forgery.
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.

I read doc's coming with gpg and have not fountd why do I get WARNINGs.

That's not all:
2.
[sacha@ ~/trial/PGP]$ gpg -ea -r d file
<...>
gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!

gpg: Ohhhh jeeee: cipher 10 not found
secmem usage: 1408/1408 bytes in 3/3 blocks of pool 1408/16384
IOT trap/Abort

!!! I cant encrypt !!!

being d-user I can but I get:

[d@ ~/trial]$ gpg -ea -r sacha file
<...>

gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
gpg: key 9AC325D6: key has been revoked!
Use this key anyway? y
Could not find a valid trust path to the key.  Let's see whether we
can assign some missing owner trust values.

No path leading to one of our keys found.

So the problems are (as I understand):
1. after I've import my key to d's keyring gpg think my key was revoked!
2. encryption fails!

Thanks in advance,
_____
Alexander Kotelnikov