[PGP-USERS] unknown signature class (fwd)

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Mon Dec 11 08:52:15 CET 2000

"L. Sassaman" <rabbi at quickie.net> writes:

> This showed up on the PGP-Users list. The signature is 0x01:

Why do you think so?  The output of '--list-packets' is not reliable
for cleartext-signed messages.

> I've been experimenting with palmopgp, and I was able to clearsign a
> message on my palm.  However, when I went to try to verify the
> signature, it worked on pgp, but not gpg.  gpg gave the message
> 'unknown signature class'

:signature packet: algo 17, keyid 7AFD668F50F3F076
	version 3, created 976244265, md5len 5, sigclass 02
	digest algo 2, begin of digest 6f d2
	data: [158 bits]
	data: [159 bits]

And sigclass 16#02# is certainly wrong in this context.