ask_expire_interval() and i18n

Florian Weimer Florian.Weimer at RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
Sat Jun 17 21:37:09 CEST 2000

Currently, GnuPG doesn't seem to support setting an expire time for
certificates.  We need this functionality, so I'm going to implement
it.  (We plan to publish the code as soon it is finished and our local
bureaucracy has finally agreed to the copyright assignment.)

I'm not very familiar with i18n issues, that's why I have the
following question: Obviously, I need a function similar to
ask_expire_interval(), but the printed messages are different
("signature" instead of "key").  Shall I make copy of the whole
routine, or shall I add just a parameter which switches between
different sets of strings?

BTW: How are expired signatures treated by GnuPG?  Are they still part
of validity calculations?  What about expired keys?

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Florian.Weimer at RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/