forwarded message from Joe Rhett

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Apr 27 23:25:01 CEST 2001

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Joe Rhett wrote:

> That's what I did. When I originally sent this message I included the
> entire process I followed -- every step. I ran addkey, and chose a
> signing-only key.

Sorry, I checked the mail again and you proceeded correct.

It seems that signing does not work.  It is possible that I never
tested it with the old version.  GnuPG 1.05 and the 1.0.4h snapshot
have the key selection code rewritten from scratch I have really
tested that subkeys are preferred if they are cabable of signing.
You can seen how these versions select a key by using the option
"--debug 64".

Hth,