gnupg windows installer

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan at intevation.de
Wed Jan 3 16:28:50 CET 2001

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 03:42:21PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
>
> > * Registry entry for HomeDir does not work
> > * Registry entry for MODir does not work
>
> I have just checked it again (on W95):
>
> Select HKEY_CURRENT_USERS->Software->GNU->GnuPG or create the
> missing parts.  Then add a new key-value pair (German version:
> Right-Click on GnuPG, select Neu->Zeichenfolge) under the name
> "HomeDir" with a value of something like "c:/foo/par/gnupg-home"
> (use forward slashes there).

forward slashes: gnupg must accept backslashes, because it is not
in our hand where a user decides to install gnupg.
By default it is {pf} which could be for example D:\Programme
(for a german Windows installation).
In that case HomeDir is D:\Programme\GnuPG

Do you think it is a problem to have gnupg interpret
backslashes in the Registry entries?

Cheers

	Jan

--