integrating GPG with deniable steganography

Aaron Sherman ajs at ajs.com
Mon Mar 19 23:20:03 CET 2001

On Sun, Mar 18, 2001 at 02:55:37AM +0100, Stefan Fendt wrote:

> I recently had a discussion on ciphering with a friend of mine. He
> stated it would be a good idea to forbid ciphering
> for the "normal" user in germany as it would allow to make the
> following conclusion: "If you use ciphering methods you have done
> something illegal and even if we can't break your cipher, we can
> imprison you."

EXACTLY why everyone should be working to get ALL email and Web
traffic everywhere encrypted. If everyone encrypts their mail, then
only criminals will send plain-text versions of Shakespeare ;-)

Seriously, check out http://www.ajs.com/~ajs/pps/ The spec is coming
together nicely, and version 2 should be out within the week (but is
available as a work-in-progress version now).

--
Aaron Sherman
ajs at ajs.com		finger ajskey at b5.ajs.com for GPG info. Fingerprint: