How to delete a key with gpgme?

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Jul 26 04:53:01 CEST 2002

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 06:58:15PM -0500, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
> > You retrieve the key (using the keylist functions gpgme_op_keylist_*)
> > and then you delete the key (using gpgme_op_delete).
>
> Last I checked, Marcus, this didn't work/was busted.  That was a couple of
> months ago, so it certainly may have been fixed since.  If so, then it's
> possible Thranga's problem is he's not using a recent GPGME checkout.

I verified that it doesn't work at all, actually :)  It's not only for
secret keys.  Even for public keys we get a problem similar to Thranga's.

OTOH, the question wasn't particularly clear about what the problem was.  At
least the above description is how it is supposed to work, and I think it
works at least for certificates with S/MIME (gpgsm).  Now we only need to
fix gpg (or invoke it the right way) to make it actually functional, and all
the code will magically start to work ;)

If you know of anything else that doesn't work, please let me know!

Thanks,
Marcus

--
`Rhubarb is no Egyptian god.' GNU      http://www.gnu.org    marcus at gnu.org