Install problems with 1.0.7 on HP 10.20

Casey, Brian A. BCasey at mc.utmck.edu
Thu Jun 13 19:18:02 CEST 2002

Hello,

I am having problems installing gnupg.  I have gcc and egd and invoked
configure as follows:

./configure --enable-static-rnd=egd

The output to the screen looked fine, except for some warnings such as
"Pointers are not assignment-compatible" and "Argument #1 is not the correct
type".  So, I went ahead and ran "make" and got more "Pointers" warnings as
well as the following at the end:

Can't stat /opt/langtools/lib/end.o.  Proceeding though file probably does
not exist.
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
   g10_log_fatal (code)
   g10_log_error (code)
   main
*** Error exit code 1
*** Error exit code 1
*** Error exit code 1
*** Error exit code 1

So I went back and looked at config.log and saw dozens of errors such as
"unexpected symbol", "A zero or negative array size is illegal", "endian {&
lots of other stuff} undefined", and so on.  Can anyone tell me what I'm
doing wrong?

Thank you,
Brian