libtool can't build libgpgme.a 0.3.9 under CygWin 1.3.12

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Sep 2 16:07:02 CEST 2002

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 11:02:35AM +0200, Dr.Stefan.Dalibor at bfa.de wrote:
> I have problems building gpgme 0.3.9 under CygWin 1.3.12 - the build
> process stops when trying to link libgpgme.a in the gpgme
> subdirectory:

Ah, yes, that's a bug.

> It seems that the supplementary modules gpgme needs (vasprintf etc.,
> determined by configure) are not getting the right libtool treatment:
> there are no .lo files for these modules, they are built by the C
> compiler (instead by `libtool --mode=compile' as the other gpgme
> modules) and so on.
>
> Configuring gpgme with option `--enable-shared=no' doesn't help, but
> either editing
> o libtool - set variable `deplibs_check_method' to `pass_all'

(which is used on GNU systems)

> o or gpgme/Makefile - change filename extension for the supplementary
>   modules from `.o' to `.lo' in the line starting with
>   `libgpgme_la_LIBADD ='
> produces a working (i.e. passing all self-tests) libgpgme.a.

Right on the spot.  I checked in the following fixes:

2002-09-02  Marcus Brinkmann  <marcus at g10code.de>

        * configure.ac: Create and substitute LTLIBOBJS.

gpgme/
2002-09-02  Marcus Brinkmann  <marcus at g10code.de>

        * Makefile.am (assuan_libobjs): Use @LTLIBOBJS@ instead @LIBOBJS at .

The CVS source should now be in a state that it works on your system.  If
there are still problems (or new ones), please let us know.  Thank you for
your contribution.

Marcus

--
`Rhubarb is no Egyptian god.' GNU      http://www.gnu.org    marcus at gnu.org