enabling the ldap keyserver plugin on HP-UX

David Ellement ellement at sdd.hp.com
Fri Sep 6 09:47:26 CEST 2002

On 020831, at 10:36:26, David Shaw wrote
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 07:40:57AM -0700, David Ellement wrote:
> > However, when I try specifying an ldap keyserver to pull a key, I
> > get the error message:
> >
> >     gpgkeys: internal LDAP bind error: Can't contact LDAP server
> >
> > Is this due to a bad compile? an inactive keyserver? blocking by our
> > firewall? (I am able to pull from hkp keyservers).
> It could be any of the above.  Try these two LDAP keyservers:
>   ldap://
> and
>   ldap://pgp.surfnet.nl:11370

I get the same error message with these.  I am able to telnet to both,
and I get my key data back from pgp.surfnet.nl if I use hkp.  So I
assume I have a bad compile of one of openssl, openldap, or

> You needed -lssl -lcrypto to compile GnuPG in general, or just
> gpgkeys_ldap ?

Just for gpgkeys_ldap.  (It appears the ldap or lber libraries link to

David Ellement