patches to openssh to make it use libgpgme

Joel N. Weber II devnull at gnu.org
Sat Sep 7 06:10:02 CEST 2002

I've written code to make openssh use libgpgme for the host key.
Right now, it only supports OpenPGP; there's not (yet?) X.509 support.

The patches are at http://www.red-bean.com/~nemo/openssh-gpgme

I'm not sure if I've reinvented an existing wheel or not; I'm not
aware of other code that allows the use of PGP signed keys as ssh host
keys, and it doesn't seem that there's code to do this in an obvious
public place, but ...

As best as I can tell, this implementation is consistent with
draft-ietf-secsh-transport-09.txt spec for pgp-sign-{rsa,dss}; if it's
not, I would appreciate knowing it.