enabling the ldap keyserver plugin on HP-UX

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Mon Sep 9 15:24:01 CEST 2002

On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 12:56:45PM -0400, Jason Harris wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 04:58:53PM -0400, David Shaw wrote:
> >
> > Good, we're narrowing it down.  Let's try gpgkeys_ldap next.  I've
> > attached a file.  Please run it like this:
> >
> >  gpgkeys_ldap -o output.txt ldaptest.txt
>
> > VERSION 0
> > HOST 64.94.85.200
> > OPTION verbose
> > COMMAND SEARCH
> >
> > prz at mit.edu
>
> Cool, using "COMMAND GET" and saving to a file of choice is much
> nicer than using "ldapsearch -t ..." and grabbing the right
> file from /var/tmp/.

Heh.  I never really thought anyone would use it to fetch keys
directly, but why not?  Incidentally, you can list multiple keys to
fetch them all in one session:

----
VERSION 0
HOST 64.94.85.200
COMMAND GET

0xB2D7795E
0x99242560
0xD39DA0E3
----

The keyids may be the 8 digit sort, the 16 digit sort, or full v4
fingerprints.

David

--
   David Shaw  |  dshaw at jabberwocky.com  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/