wk at gnupg.org
Thu Sep 19 19:51:02 CEST 2002
On Thu, 19 Sep 2002 11:04:46 -0500, Antonio Moreno-Gomez said:
> when abc.txt is used as the input file the expected file would had been
> abc.txt.gpg but instead I get abc.gpg, which is the same as the output for
> encrypting abc
> Is this a bug or is this the way this software was designed? Assuming
> this is wrong is there any fix for that or any detour?
This is only for the Windows version:
/* It is quite common for DOS system to have only one dot in a
* a filename. So if we have something like this, we simple
* replace the suffix except in cases where the suffix is
* larger than 3 characters and not the same as tne
* requested one.
* We should really map the filenames to 8.3 but this tends to
* be more complicated and is probably a duty of the filesystem
Use --output <yourfilename> if you don't like this behavious.
More information about the Gnupg-devel