question

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Sep 19 19:51:02 CEST 2002

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002 11:04:46 -0500, Antonio Moreno-Gomez said:

> when abc.txt is used as the input file the expected file would had been
> abc.txt.gpg but instead I get abc.gpg,  which is the same as the output for
> encrypting abc

> Is this a bug or is this the way this software was designed?    Assuming
> this is wrong is there any fix for that or any detour?

This is only for the Windows version:

	    /* It is quite common for DOS system to have only one dot in a
	     * a filename.  So if we have something like this, we simple
	     * replace the suffix except in cases where the suffix is
	     * larger than 3 characters and not the same as tne
             * requested one.
	     * We should really map the filenames to 8.3 but this tends to
	     * be more complicated and is probably a duty of the filesystem
	     */

Use --output <yourfilename> if you don't like this behavious.

Salam-Shalom,