libexecdir

TAKAHASHI, Tamotsu arms405 at jade.dti.ne.jp
Fri Sep 20 05:03:02 CEST 2002

Oops, I sent this to David. Sorry.

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, David Shaw wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 02:37:42PM +0900, TAKAHASHI, Tamotsu wrote:
> > keyserver/Makefile.am has a line:
> > 	libexecdir = @GNUPG_LIBEXECDIR@
> > but g10/Makefile.am doesn't.
> > Is it a feature?
>
> Yes :)

Aha, I got a wrong point. :)
I made a mistake.
Thanks for your answer.

> > How should we define our --libexecdir?
>
> When building, use ./configure --libexecdir=whatever

I did.
And I did also "make libexecdir=/the/same/dir install"
to install gpgkeys_* modules to wrong path.
Maybe this was my mistake. But we should note that
this is the default behaviour of rpm's "%makeinstall" macro.

g10defs.h's GNU_LIBEXECDIR and keyserver/Makefile's
libexecdir (which is used to install) should be the same
regardless of make's args.
Possibly keyserver/Makefile's installation has to be
modified to use GNU_LIBEXECDIR instead of libexecdir.

Anyway, I found a way.
Thanks,
--
tamo