gnupg morphos port

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Aug 7 16:37:02 CEST 2003

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 13:41:25 +0100, Frederik Harwath said:

> gadgets" (GNU tools ported to MorphOS, gcc etc.). Now I'd only need some
> "entropy" source. There's no /dev/random or equivalent and egd won't help

The usual problem and one of the reasons why there is no OS/2 version.
It seems that this OS is not Free Software, so you have to ask the
vendor to provide a way to extract entropy, i.e. implement /dev/random
- the code is available under the BSD license, so there won't be a
problem to add it to proprietary software.  Over the last years most
OSes added such a device which is something you really want for
"e-business".

> who has an idea what to use to get some "randomness". Afair the old PGP for
> amiga only used direct user input (mouse, keyboard) to do this, but that

Not a good idea under multi-tasking OSed because keystrokes usally get
queued und you can't access the interrupt handler.

Salam-Shalom,

Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com
Free Software Foundation Europe	                 http://fsfeurope.org