Move from DOS to Linux with secret key

Steffen Moeller steffen.moeller at med.uni-rostock.de
Mon Jun 9 11:53:43 CEST 2003

Hello, I now know that I was not supposed to do this - however,
after copying the random_seed, public, secret and trusted keys
to my Linux partition on the same machine from within linux,
I could happily sign messages, but my GPG-recipient complaines
about the signature being wrong. While I know now that I should
have exported the keys rather than binary copying the data,
IMHO the system should have reported an error.

I am using GnuPG 1.2.2, the latest version of GnuPG on debian unstable,
wrapped by enigmail. It all worked smoothly under Windows before.

Many thanks and regards,

Steffen