[Announce] gnupg 1.2.3 release candidate

John Clizbe JPClizbe at attbi.com
Fri Jun 20 03:45:02 CEST 2003

Werner Koch wrote:

> Hi!
>
> We are pleased to announce the availability of the first release
> candidate for GnuPG 1.2.3:

WOOO HOOOOO !

> If you had problems building 1.2.2 we appreciate if you can check out
> this release.

No problems building any of the earlier releases other than getting
working LDAP/SASL/BerkDB libs built under MinGW/MSys on Win2000. (A LOT of
work for one binary 8-{)). )

> Please also consider to use the keyservers accessible at
> subkeys.pgp.net - they are know not to mangle keys.

Been using Yaron's SKS server keyserver.bu.edu

> Happy hacking,
>
>    The GnuPG Team (David, Stefan, Timo, Werner)

Thank you for the great work.  I'm using Carlo Bianco's technique
(http://web.tiscali.it/no-redirect-tiscali/clbianco/gnupg/eng/gnupg.html)
for building GnuPG on Win32 using MinGW & MSys. Everything builds except
gpgkeys_ldap, but I guess I'll have to get around to tickling OpenLDAP
into building. The only changes I had to make was to add libwsock32.a to
the linking in a few places -- adding $(NETLIBS) to a few _LDADDs.

g10/Makefile:
    gpg_LDADD =  mkdtemp$U.o $(LDADD)   $(NETLIBS)
    gpgv_LDADD = $(LDADD) $(NETLIBS)

tools/Makefile:
    mpicalc_LDADD = $(needed_libs)  $(NETLIBS)
    bftest_LDADD = $(needed_libs)   $(NETLIBS)

gpg_LDADD was really a stylistic change from -lwsock32 to $(NETLIBS).

gpg works fine in a Windows CMD window, but this is the first version I've
built that doesn't run under MinGW32's /bin/sh. This showed up in "make
check". Running gpg results in the error:
    The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022).

- --
John P. Clizbe                   Inet:   JPClizbe AT attbi DOT com
Golden Bear Networks             PGP/GPG KeyID: 0x608D2A10
  "Most men take the straight and narrow. A few take the road less
traveled.  I chose to cut through the woods."
  "There is safety in Numbers... *VERY LARGE PRIME* Numbers
9:00PM Tonight on _REAL_IRONY_:  Vegetarian Man Eaten by Cannibals