some questions

Hagen Paul Pfeifer toaster at jauu.net
Tue Jun 24 14:04:02 CEST 2003

* Matthew Byng-Maddick | 2003-06-23 12:30:02 [+0100]:

>The implementation is defined in RFC2440 (which defines the packet formats
>and certain properties of the padding used to do the RSA encryption).
>Also you could have found: http://www.pgpi.org/doc/pgpintro/#p10, which
>explains about the session key.

O.K. thanks I will read!

>What it contains is the base64 encoded packet stream. The numbers are
>stored in binary. In order to do this, you'll need to patch the source,
>there doesn't appear to be an easy way to extract e and n from running
>gpg. You should be able to get at them from the ASCII armoured output by
>reading RFC2440, which should specify everything you need to know about
>that output.

Now I see the light!

>> >UTSL ?
>> To difficult for me, sorry.
>
>Why do you need the e and n, then?

It was a lie! ;-) The right awnser is that in the near future are exams in
germany and it cost time to understand code, you know. But o.k. I will
take a look in the source. Can you tell my some entry points? E.g. prime
number generator and the stuff I need?

Thank you!

Hagen

--
Standards are industry's way of codifying obsolescence.