GPGSplit output

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder at
Wed Jun 25 16:58:02 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 25 June 2003 13:53, Matthias Frank wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to achieve the public & secret key from the .gpg-files
> in order to put them onto the iButton. The problem i have is that
> i generated a 1024-RSA-Key, but after gpgsplitting, the resulting
> xxx.public_key has more than 80bytes in size. After looking in the
> RFC 2440 i saw, that there are several more infos inside like the
> Version number and the timestamp, but there are still some unknown
> Bytes.
> Can somebody describe me the structure of the public & secret key?

You'll need to reed the rfc (at --
hand-crafted link, but I believe it's very close). I believe the document is
quite clearly written; you might need to have a look at the newest draft of
rfc2440bis (use google - version 7 or 8 is the newest, not sure) as some of
the features gpg uses are not documented in the current standard yet.

-- vbi

random link of the day: