Problems with interpolibility between GnuPG and PGP when using SHA384-SHA512 hashes

Joe Vender jvender at owensboro.net
Fri Jun 18 05:33:06 CEST 2004

I've just heard back from Will Price. Here's his statement. It's as you
suspected. The SDK has the large hash capability at a low level, but
the frontends don't officially support them.

*** PGP SIGNATURE VERIFICATION ***
*** Signer:   Will Price <wprice at pgp.com> (0xCF73EC4C)
*** Signed:   6/17/04 8:14:58 PM
*** Verified: 6/17/04 9:30:24 PM
*** BEGIN PGP DECRYPTED/VERIFIED MESSAGE ***

We don't officially support any of the new hashes in message
encoding/decoding even though the SDK may provide access to the
low-level algorithms and you may find that some usages of these things
more or less work in the front ends. We'll look into this at some
point.

--
Will Price, VP Engineering
PGP Corporation

*** END PGP DECRYPTED/VERIFIED MESSAGE ***