faster way of determing if the passphrase is correct or not

folkert at folkert at
Mon Apr 11 20:11:15 CEST 2005

> > That's what it is for yes ( - altough
> > I also create friendly programs ( - generate
> Passphrase crackers are in fact very useful tools to check for
> security problems.

True. Though: the current version needs 2 days (on a P4 2,8GHz) for a character
set of 63 (a-z+A-Z+0-9+' ').
I'll see if I can code a version doing the passphrase-change.

Folkert van Heusden

 UNIX admin? Then give MultiTail (
 a try, it brings monitoring logfiles to a different level! See for a feature-list.
Phone: +31-6-41278122, PGP-key: 1F28D8AE
Get your PGP/GPG key signed at!