Setting the GnuPG binary path for GnuPGME

Rex Dieter rdieter at
Wed Apr 13 14:20:12 CEST 2005

Igor Belyi wrote:
> mconahan at wrote:
>>    I was wondering if any knows how to set the GnuPG binary path used
>> by GnuPGME?
> On Windows gpg location is taken from Software\GNU\GnuPG\gpgProgram
> registry value or from the value specified during compilation of GPGME.

I'd suggest gpgme be updated to conform with the latest gnupg-1.4.1 to
instead use the key "Install Directory" under Softare\GNU\GnuPG (per
README-W32, appended) to determine the GnuPG binary location.

-- Rex

Installation directory:
The installation directory of GnuPG is stored in the Registry under
the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\GNU\GnuPG with the name "Install
Directory".  The installer does not change the PATH environment
variable to include this directory.  You might want to do this