gpgme_op_sign failed: Unknown system error

Igor Belyi gpgme at katehok.ac93.org
Wed Apr 13 18:43:19 CEST 2005

folkert at vanheusden.com wrote:

>My program gives me when doing gpgme_op_sign: Unknown system error
>what could that be?
>Using library 1.0.2

I think you need to be more specific. As far as I know this error
message means that error code you feed into gpgme_strerror is either
unknown or GPG_ERR_UNKNOWN_ERRNO. If it's the former one then there
could be a incompatibility between GPGME and installed GPG - for example
GPGME attempts to return a newer error code than GPG knows about. If the
later - the error comes from GPG but I'm not that familiar with GPG
internals.

I would recomend to get the exact error code return from gpgme_op_sign
and then manually feed it into gpg-error utility. Such error codes
usually contain source of the error besides the error itself.

Hope it helps,
Igor