SmartCard usage

Jan Niehusmann jan at
Fri Apr 22 15:43:58 CEST 2005

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 03:06:53PM +0300, Serdar KOYLU wrote:
> For use GnuPG with smartcard, i can what?

GnuPG only supports smart cards following the OpenPGP Card
specification, as available from

The cards you can by from kernelconcepts (link on the mentioned page) are
the only ones actually available, as far as I know.

You may implement the OpenPGP specification on one of your cards, if it
is programmable and sufficiently capable. But this would be very
non-trivial, I don't think this is what you want to do.