Better proxy support available via libcurl?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Aug 1 10:23:08 CEST 2006

On Tue,  1 Aug 2006 07:32, John Clizbe said:

> Curl and libcurl build fairly easily with MinGW/MSYS. I don't recall any
> problems with 7.15.1 and OpenSSL 0.9.8a back in December. Curl's INSTALL doc has

However, you may not distribute such a version unless cURL has been
build without OpenSSL.  That is the same thing as with other OSes:
OpenSSL is not GPL compatible and thus we can't link to any library
which in turn links to OpenSSL.  Debian provides a libcurl3-gnutls-dev
package for this reason.

BTW, work is underway to get gnutls ready for Windows.

David, we should see whether we can add an configure test to check
for this.

Shalom-Salam,