FreeBSD ports for libassuan 1.0.1 and gnupg 2.0.1

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Wed Nov 29 19:35:02 CET 2006

Werner Koch wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 13:01, alphasigmax at gmail.com said:
>
>> This might seem like a dumb question, but is there any specific reason
>> why a specific patch is needed? Can't extra configure/make/#ifdef rules
>> be added?
>
> Not even needed, libassuan builds out of the box:

Sorry for the misunderstanding. If you were to take a look at the
patches I posted you would see that they are not to the libassuan or
gnupg2 sources, they are for the FreeBSD ports. Our ports are similar
to source RPMs. Werner is correct that no patches are needed to the
sources for either to build on FreeBSD.

> There are some problems left with gnupg but they are mainly due to
> problems with NLS.  Passing --disable-nls should help.

Hrrm, I always build without NLS, but I just tested gnupg2 without
that configure flag and it builds and runs just fine on FreeBSD, FYI.

BTW, I'm still seeing the "Warning: using insecure memory!" error, in
spite of having the no-secmem-warning option in my gpg.conf. I'm still
willing to help debug that if Werner can give me some pointers.

Doug

--

	If you're never wrong, you're not trying hard enough