HKP fetch error: Connection refused Help needed.

Gorjala Rajababu grajababu at novell.com
Wed Apr 18 07:18:03 CEST 2007

** High Priority **

Dear Sir,

On SUSE 10

My name is Rajababu working for Novell-Bangalore .I used SP1 SLED10,Evolution worked out of box and very fast,Very impressive....:)

They want to enable PGP for the same I used help topics and got the steps as follows from Evolution help.

Getting and Using GPG Public Keys

To send an encrypted message, you need to use the recipient's public key in combination with your private key. Evolution handles the encryption, but you need to get the public key and add it to your keyring.

To get public keys from a public key server, enter the command gpg --recv-keys --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net keyid, substituting keyid for your recipient's ID. You need to enter your password, and the ID is automatically added to your keyring.

If someone sends you a public key directly, save it as a plain text file and enter the command gpg --filename to add it to your keyring.

But got the error when I did that............Please help Evolution use PGP (output we got)

annamalaiv at migrate:~> gpg --keyserver  itnt2.il.nds.com  --recv-keys  0xBA928817
gpg: requesting key BA928817 from hkp server itnt2.il.nds.com
?: itnt2.il.nds.com: Connection refused
gpgkeys: HKP fetch error: Connection refused
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0
annamalaiv at migrate:~>

Please advice.