eccGnuPG

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Apr 30 01:09:05 CEST 2007

And sbt at megacceso.com said:
> Every times that this appears when I am testing with gdb, the verification
> broke the normal flow because (x!=r) in the ecc.c:658 comparison. I checking
> out if the problem was in the signature process, and I thing not. IMHO I
> think the problem could be in the coordinates conversion from projective to
> affine.

I fixed this now.  The problem was indeed related to conversion from
projective to affine, but very superficial: If the affine y coordinate
used less bytes in their bit representation than the prime number,
then the memmove in ec2os would overwrite the y coordinate by some
shifted version of the x coordinate.  Fixed in revision 1237:

2007-04-30  Marcus Brinkmann  <marcus at g10code.de>

        * ecc.c (ec2os): Fix relocation of short numbers.

I also fixed a bunch of memory leaks.

Thanks,
Marcus