Feature Request: MS Exchange Server IDs

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Wed Feb 14 21:18:50 CET 2007

Crosland, Jerel wrote:

>> considered an invalid email address. The ID which GPGol is using to try
>> and find the public key looks like this:
>>
>> /O=20TH CENTURY/OU=TWENTIETHHQ/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=Jerel.Crosland

I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but maybe Exchange address
detection could be added to the GPGol code. It is actcually a
plugin for Exchange and thus the scenario might be not a single case.

But for this, the CN value needs to be mapped to a valid part
of the user ID.

Example CN=Jerel.Crosland -> uid: Jerel.Crosland <email at addr.com>

Of course Jerel.Crosland needs to be unique in the keyring,
or else GPGol would show the recipient dialog again, and this
is the reason why I'm not sure it's a good idea.

	Timo