bug with one key's private keys spread over several keyrings when signing keys

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jun 4 09:27:31 CEST 2010

On Thu,  3 Jun 2010 08:45, hagen at zhuliguan.net said:

> GPG does not seem to have functionality to strictly "spread" a key over
> keyrings. So this would be a feature request, not a bug.

Right.  The reason for this is that we don't have a way to merge secret
keys.  It is very unlikely that this will change because with GnuPG 2.1
we won't have secring anymore: All secret keys are then managed by the
gpg-agent.  This allows us to remove large parts of the code to keep the
pubring and secring in sync.  The new code is basically working; missing
parts are import and export of secret keys.

Shalom-Salam,