GnuPG has now full ECC support (ECDSA, ECDH)

Andrey Jivsov openpgp at brainhub.org
Sun Sep 19 09:30:52 CEST 2010

  Hello GnuPG!

I am happy to announce that GnuPG now fully implements ECC encryption
and signing capability. A user can generate an ECC key with gpg2
--gen-key and use it to encrypt or sign messages or keys. 256, 384, and
521 bit ECC keys are supported.

This branched off implementation resides at the
http://code.google.com/p/gnupg-ecc/ and follows the "ECC in OpenPGP"
IETF draft http://sites.google.com/site/brainhub/pgp .

Please refer to these sites for details and up-to-date status of the
effort to bring ECC to users of OpenPGP format.

Instead of wishing for this to happen for many years, I decided that the
time is right to actually spend a few of my weekends and contribute the
working source code to the OpenPGP community.

The ideal destiny of the gnupg-ecc project is to be merged into mainline
GnuPG source tree. I look forward working with GnuPG team to make this
merge happen.

Thank you. It's been my pleasure getting more familiar with gnupg and
libgcrypt source code and I look forward finishing this effort up.