Gnuk version 0.6

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Fri Jan 14 08:15:50 CET 2011

Gnuk version 0.6 is out.

Highlights are (from NEWS):

* Experimental PIN-pad support is added.

Local PIN-pad input is supported for boards which have input hardware.
PIN input using consumer IR receive module is tested with STBee Mini
and STM8S Discovery.

* USB device serial number is virtually unique now.

STM32F103 has 96-bit unique chip identifier.  We take advantage of
this, Gnuk Token has virtually unique USB serial number.

* Card serial number is determined at run time by chip identifier.

Until version 0.5, card serial number was compile time option.  If we
used same binary for different devices, card serial number was same.
Now, we use STM32F103's 96-bit unique chip identifier for card serial
number (when you don't use --with-fixed-serial option).

* More improved USB-CCID/ICCD implementation.

The changes in 0.5 was not that good for libccid 1.3.11, which has
small buffer (only 262-byte APDU).  Workaround for libccid 1.3.11 is
implemented.

Enjoy,