Smartcard decryption still doesn't work on 2.1 beta...

Grant Olson kgo at grant-olson.net
Tue Mar 22 00:47:27 CET 2011

I tracked this down to get_it() in g10/pubkey_enc.c.  The card flag
never gets set, so we never hit the right branch of code.

At first I thought it would be as easy as checking to see if sk.mode ==
1002, and setting the flag, but it seems like the key passed into get_it
intentionally doesn't have any secret key info.  It also doesn't have
valid settings for sk->flags.serialno_valid or sk->serialno.

I did write a patch for my system.  It works by adding one last step to
get_seckey() in g10/getkey.c.  After everything else succeeds, it calls
agent_get_keyinfo(), and sets pk->serialno and pk->flags.serialno_valid
to the correct values.

I haven't attached a patch because (1) I'm not sure if this is the best
solution, and (2) I didn't want to provide any copyright contamination.
 But the patch is probably 10-15 lines once I clean it up.  So let me
know if you want it Werner.

--
-Grant

"Look around! Can you construct some sort of rudimentary lathe?"