secure memory for decryption buffer

Martin Stenberg martin at gnutiken.se
Sun Mar 18 17:28:48 CET 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 06:00:05PM -0400, Ben Kibbey wrote:
> I have a project that does the same by using libassuan and gpg-agent.
> Maybe you'd be interested in helping me with it? If so, the url is
> http://pwmd.sourceforge.net/.

Thanks for the invite. I am however looking for a very small command
line tool, something like https://github.com/AlexBio/Safely. Safely is
pretty much exactly what I'm writing, minus jansson depenency and some
extra feautres. I'm mostly doing this to improve my skills in C and play
with encryption :)

> I use the custom memory allocators to create a linked list of
> pointers which are zero'd before being freed.

I've been leaning towards walking that path but am now considering using
mlockall instead. I don't know if this is a bad idea or not though.

/Martin