Change to generate compliant keys for compact representation.

Andrey Jivsov openpgp at brainhub.org
Fri May 10 00:00:01 CEST 2013

Greetings. I updated cipher/ecc.c in libgcrypt so that GnuPG generates
only compliant keys that would allow the easiest compact representation,
according to http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jivsov-ecc-compact.

AKAIK, there is no reason to not to take this change. It doesn't affect
anything else right now, doesn't change anything about compact
representation. It only enables the easiest and the most efficient ECC
point representation that can be implemented in the future.

I am planning to write a spec on how to do compact point representation
in OpenPGP. It's mostly needed for encrypted messages (sent to a large
number of recipients), but is also valuable for anybody who cares about
ultra-compact key size. OpenPGP offers very lean encoding format and so
that if one's goal is to have the smallest public key, OpenPGP encoding
is probably the best choice.

Thank you.