2.1 beta or release

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Oct 29 12:35:45 CET 2014

Hi,

[Patrick told me that he send a patch to the list but it doesn't made
it].

I have taken your patched as base for my patch.  My version is not OSX
specific but relies on the fact that sem_init returns ENOSYS.  That
seems to be used on other platforms as well.  POSIX is a bit unclear on
this.

I tested this on Linux by replacing sem_init with (-1) and setting
errno.  I also loop over sem_open using a counter for the name, so that
it is hard for another process to DoS us by guessing our pid and
creating a semaphore with that name.  Also the use of more than one '/'
in the name is implementation defined and does for example not work on
Linux.

Can you or the other OS X folks please test the attached patch to npth?

Salam-Shalom,