OpenPGP Card ECC status?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Sep 4 17:02:22 CEST 2014

On Wed,  3 Sep 2014 23:23, simon at josefsson.org said:

> Thanks for the update on the OpenPGP Card spec!  That all sounds good.
> I'm hoping Werner can comment on what's left to do in GnuPG.

I would really like to see Ed25519 and Curve25519 DH support in a card.

For the old curves the card should behave similar to gpg-agent; thus
being protocol neutral and it is not required that the rfc-6637 ECDH
algorithm is implemented by the card.

> Achim Pietig <achim at pietig.com> writes:

>> sign and auth is clear at the moment - all new standards only support
>> Brainpool, NIST was stripped of from all papers after the NSA problem

If the NIST curves are found to be bugged we should also be cautious
with the Brainpool curves.

Shalom-Salam,