Why 2.1 is delayed for so long

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Sep 19 17:15:49 CEST 2014

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 14:30, infinity0 at pwned.gg said:

> FWIW I would be happy to help test, if someone makes a Debian package for gnupg 2.1. I might do that myself this weekend. Let me know if there's any significant installation differences between 2.0 and 2.1.
>
> Is the data format for EdDSA keys now final?

Well, if the IANA eventually decides that another number will be
assigned, I need to make sure that GnuPG will continues to support this
version of EdDSA.  That can be done by looking at the curve OID.  This
would be an ugly hack, but I think it is better to go ahead with 22 than
to wait at least several more weeks for the IETF process.

All modulo bugs in the the EdDSA code or protocol.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

p.s. I'll reply to dkg's mail later the day.