[Pkg-gnupg-maint] Why 2.1 is delayed for so long

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Fri Sep 19 17:27:47 CEST 2014

On 09/19/2014 10:35 AM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> I've packaged the latest beta for gnupg 2.1, with the idea of shipping
> it in debian experimental,

On re-reading, i fear that my previous e-mail with its list of concerns
may have sounded rather negative.

I just wanted to say how excited and hopeful i am that we can get gpg
2.1 (whether beta or not) into broader testing (and more generally wider
adoption).

The features offered by gpg 2.1 (in particular, ecc, keybox and a
fully-cryptographic gpg-agent) are really great, and i want to see them
used more widely.

So thanks for gpg 2.1, i hope we can get these minor concerns sorted out!

	--dkg